12 Mar The Cider Press Café’s Guide to Epcot and the Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival
A Vegan’s Guide to Epcot
At The Cider Press Café we love Walt Disney World® and the Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival® which is in full swing through May 28th 2018. We wanted to share with you our guide on how to best enjoy this beautiful festival as a vegan. There are many snack bars and quick service booths throughout the park that offer vegan snacks like celery sticks and carrots with hummus, fruit cups, fresh fruit, chips, popcorn, and pretzels (if you leave out the cheese sauce). During the festival there are special booths with food and drinks. However, beware that some dishes may sound vegan, but are not. We’ve listed these in italics.
- Fleur de Lys- Tarte à la Tomate Provençale: Provencal Tomato Tart with Sauteéd Onions, Fresh Thyme and Rosemary on a Flaky Pastry Crust
- Lotus House- Vegetable Spring Rolls. Omit the sauce since it contains mayo.
- Pineapple Promenade- Pineapple Soft Serve
- The Berry Basket- Field Greens with Fresh Strawberries, Crisp Quinoa, Strawberry Vinaigrette and Spiced Pecans
There are vegan offerings available in restaurants throughout the park as well. Sit-down restaurants usually offer at least one vegan dish which changes seasonally. Let your server know you are vegan and they can help guide you. Some vegan dishes may not be listed on the menu, others may be made vegan, and often the Chef will make a special dish for you using seasonal produce.
Future World East
The Electric Umbrella
Veggie Nan-wich- Edamame, Tofu Wasabi Dressing with Grapes or French Fries.
Future World West
- Vegan Korma with Gardein Meatless Chik’n and Jasmine Rice.
- Vegan Flatbread Sandwich- Grilled Vegetables, Black Bean Spread, Tofu, and Chia Seeds.
- Vegan Wrap- offered as a grab & go item. They also have fruit cups and a vegan fruit dessert.
- Grilled Vegetable Burger- Crispy Onions and BBQ Sauce on a Brioche Bun.
- Pasta with Marinara (children’s menu).
- Beyond Burger and can also order the chicken sandwich with a Gardein Patty.
- House Salad (substitute oil and vinegar for the dressing)
- Root Vegetable Gnocchi- order it without the sauce
- Mickey Pasta with Marinara Sauce, Vegetables, and Fresh Fruit Salad
Nine Dragons Restaurant
- Cucumber Salad- Lightly Spiced and Refreshingly Sweet and Sour, served chilled
- Vegetable Spring Rolls- skip the sweet chili aioli
- Vegetable and Tofu Stir-Fry
Chefs de France
- Lasagnes de Legumes du Soleil a L’huile D’olive au Thym- zucchini, eggplant, bell peppers, onions and tomato baked into thin layers of pasta. Order it without the cheese.
- Salad Verte and also Salade de Chèvre Chaud. Order it without the cheese and walnuts.
L’Artisan des Glaces
- Sorbet and Waffle Cone
Biergarten Restaurant – Buffet: Pickled Red Beet Salad, Bavarian Cabbage, Cucumber-dill Salad, House-made Pickles, Mixed Green Salad, Tomato Salad with Fresh Basil, Watermelon, Roasted Potatoes with Fresh Herbs, Braised Red Cabbage, Glazed Carrots with Chives, Bread, Pretzels
- Jumbo Pretzel- spicy mustard. Skip the cheese sauce
Tutto Italia Ristorante
- Insalata Mista- endive, arugula, radicchio, asparagus, radish, vinaigrette
- Involtini di Melanzane alla Parmigiana. Order it without ricotta or parmesan
- Bread Basket- baked in house and topped with garlic, oregano and olive oil
- Broccolini Pizza- order it with Follow Your Heart cheese
- Build your own pizza- order it with Follow Your Heart cheese
- Sesame and Chili Edamame
- Vegetable Miso Soup- Sautéed onions, potato and daikon with green onion
- Uramaki- Vegetable Roll, cucumber, kanpyo, asparagus, pickled ginger, and carrot topped with avocado
- Assorted Vegetable Tempura- lightly fried seasoned vegetables.
- Vegetable Nabeyaki Udon- is not vegan, it is served in fish broth.
- Seaweed Salad
- Acts Aged Tofu- deep fried soya curd, soy and scallions
- Yasai- seasonal vegetables, mushrooms, in kami nabe and tofu. Ask for steamed rice instead of beef
- Vegetable roll, side salad, edamame, miso soup
- Kakigōri- order it without the milk topping
La Cantina de San Angel
- Guacamole with Totopos- fresh made guacamole with tortilla chips
- Ensalada Mexicana- tossed romaine lettuce, arugula, red & white cabbage, black beans, corn, olive oil and lime juice
- Paletas- traditional fruit popsicles (watermelon, mango, lime, and coconut)
La Cava del Tequila
- Chips and Guacamole
- Assorted Mediterranean Salads for Two- falafel, Sun-dried Tomato Hummus, Roasted Eggplant Purée and Tabouleh
- Vegetable Couscous
- Moroccan Jasmine Salad
- Watermelon Delight Fruit Cocktail
Spice Road Table
- Hummus and Imported Olives with Cornichons and Za’atar Pita Bread
- Stuffed Grape Leaves- rice, fried capers, raisins, and nutmeg
- Mediterranean Vegetable Platter- harissa hummus fries, rice stuffed grape leaves, mixed olives, and babaganoush, served with pita bread
- Vegetable Platter- falafel, Tangierine couscous salad, hummus, tabouleh, lentil salad, marinated olives, served with pita bread
- Falafel Wrap- served with Tangierine couscous and lentil salad
- Sides- tabouleh, lentil salad, marinated olives, Tangierine couscous, French fries
Akershus Royal Banquet Hall – Character Dinning
- Mickey Waffles- request they be made vegan
- Pizza- order without cheese
Rose and Crown Beer Garden
- Seasoned house made chips
Sign up for our newsletter today to stay on top of our many exciting developments.